Is this meal replacement safe for Celiacs or people with gluten allergies?

It says glutenfree on the package, but the label lists wheatgrass and kamut grass as ingredients. However, after extensive testing, Shakeology has been found to be 100% gluten-free. As such, this shake should be an appropriate snack or meal replacement for people suffering from gluten allergies or Celiac disease. But, since individual allergies and conditions vary, it is recommended to test a small amount of the meal replacement powder before proceeding with a full serving.

Does this protein meal replacement drink interfere with any medication?

While Shakeology has been tested as safe for most people, you should always consult with your physician if you are on any medication (especially heart medication, since Shakeology contains Vitamin K1) or if you have any other unique health conditions.

Can someone with lactose-intolerance drink this healthy diet shake even though it has 15g of whey protein (which is derived from milk)?

Because needs vary for each person with lactose-intolerance, it is recommended you check with your doctor first. However, the whey protein in Shakeology is whey protein isolate , which is over 90% pure protein leaving only 10% of the ingredient, or 1.5g, where some lactose can be found. In addition, Shakeology is loaded with digestive enzymes—and Lactase is one of them. Lactase is the enzyme that breaks down lactose and is found in overthe-counter products like Lactaid ®. So, given that this diet meal replacment is made with whey protein isolate and includes Lactase means that it may have a higher likelihood of being acceptable for most people with lactose-intolerance. It’s recommended that someone with lactose-intolerance start with a small dose of Shakeology, monitor their body’s reaction and, if tolerant, slowly build up to a full dose or take a half-dose at two separate times during the day.

I’ve tried meal replacements for weight loss and experience digestive discomfort. Does this mean Shakeology won’t work for me?

Not at all! For some people, experiencing digestive sensitivities is a normal part of the cleansing process. It just means that your body is working hard to eliminate the toxins built up in your system over several years. It will not get flushed out in one day! Help your body to clean itself out more gently by reducing your dosage to a ½ scoop once a day. Slowly build up to a ½ scoop twice per day as your tolerance increases. You may then work up to one full scoop per day. (Although it is perfectly fine to continue to use Shakeology as 2 small snacks (at a ½ scoop each) throughout your day.) For some people, this process could take as long as three months. Since every body reacts differently, if you continue to experience digestive problems at lower dosages, please consult your doctor.

Try the Best Meal Replacment and…Receive Free Shipping, a Free Shaker Cup and 2 Free Workout DVDs


Tagged with:

Filed under: Meal Replacement ShakeThe Best Meal ReplacementThe Healthiest Meal Replacement Shake

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!